Monday, April 11, 2011

Bariatric Lifestyle

Thanks to all who participated in the support group this month. I hope that all of you feel that you benefited from the discussion. Tammy and I are always looking for topics to discuss so let us know if there is anything you would like to talk about.


Please make sure that you are all taking a multivitamin and calcium CITRATE. Check the label of your vitamins to be sure that you have calcium citrate and not some other form of calcium. The reason for using calcium citrate is that it is absorbed better than other forms of calcium after bariatric surgery.

Please keep me posted on your progress!
Valerie Heinl
251-471-7413

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone,
    I think this blog is a great idea. I am 5'6" and weight 265 and hate it. It's difficult to manage my everyday responsiblities with all this weight I'm carring around. I just don't feel good anymore. I began this jouney to change my life Feb. 2011. I have one more doctor's visit before I apply for my surgery. I hope my insurance will pay for it. I can't decide whether I want the gastric bypass or the sleeve. My brother had te gastric bypass and is doing great. He told me that you will throw up for about two years because you can't eat like you use to because you have a little pouch but after that it's great. He also said you can not have any surgar or you will crash immediately meaning he has to lay down if he has any surgar. I don't know anyone who has had the sleeve procedure. If you know anyone who has had the sleeve procedure, it would be nice to hear about post surgery life. I'm very excited about feeling better! If anyone has any advise, please let me know. Patti Mc/

    ReplyDelete